100% occupancy allowed in cinema halls from Feb 1
NEW DELHI [Maha Media]:The Union Ministry of Home Affairs has permitted cinema halls to operate at 100% seating capacity from February 1. In its latest set of guidelines, the government had allowed cinema halls to operate at a higher capacity.
In this regard the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting issued a new set of SOPs for cinema halls and theatres to prevent the spread of novel coronavirus.
Since the theatres pose a risk of spreading the infection, to contain the spread of the disease, cinema halls have taken some other measures too. Apart from mandatory wearing of masks and temperature checks, theatres will have separated seats, staggered show timings bookings, mandatory social distancing, and digital payments are being encouraged.
The Ministry will soon release guidelines on Over the Top (OTT) platforms as it is receiving a lot of complaints against some serials available here, said Union Minister of Information and Broadcasting Prakash Javadekar on Sunday.
"We have received a lot of complaints against some serials available on OTT platforms. Films and serials released on OTT platforms and digital newspapers do not come under the purview of the Press Council Act, Cable Television Networks (Regulation) Act or Censor Board. We will come up with some guidelines on it soon," he said while addressing media.
Here are the general guidelines at cinema halls to follow from February 1:
* Adequate physical distancing of at least 6 feet to be followed outside the auditoriums, common areas and waiting areas at all times.
* Use of face covers/masks to be made mandatory at all times.
* Availability of hand sanitizers, preferably in the touch-free mode, at entry and exit points as well as common areas within the premises.
* Respiratory etiquettes to be strictly followed. This involves strict practice of covering one’s mouth and nose while coughing/sneezing with a tissue/handkerchief/flexed elbow and disposing off used tissues properly.
* Self-monitoring of health by all and reporting any illness at the earliest to state and district helpline.
* Spitting is strictly prohibited.
* Installation and use of Aarogya Setu App shall be advised to all.
The news has cheered theatre owners, who have been struggling since theatres shut down in March 2020 following the outbreak of coronavirus. Though in October 2020, the Centre had allowed cinama halls to operate at 50% seating capacity.