Students’ future and safety our prime concern: Education Minister

Students’ future and safety our prime concern: Education Minister

NEW DELHI [Maha Media]: The safety and future of the students was the topmost priority with regard to the conduction of the Joint Entrance Exams (JEE) and National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) amid the COVID-19 pandemic, said Union Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank on Thursday adding that several steps, including the increase in the number of exam centres, had been taken.

“The students are everyone’s children. There is no ‘government’s side’ or opposition in this matter. The future, career and safety of the students are our topmost priority. After several requests from parents and students from across the country, it has been decided that the exams will take place as scheduled,” Pokhriyal said.

He further said, “We had already postponed the exams twice before and I am glad to receive many positive responses from parents and students on the Education Ministry’s social media platforms, saying, how long can a student prepare for the examinations? Many students have said that they do not want to waste a whole year, and the exams must be conducted.”

“After hearing both sides of the argument, the Supreme Court (SC) rejected the writ petition saying that the NEET-UG, as well as JEE examination, must be conducted. There is no justification for the request for the postponement of the exams. The SC rightly said that life must go on and the students’ careers cannot be put in jeopardy,” Union Education Minister further added.

Related News